5 Steps to Get Courage and Clarity
This week I'm sharing something we all need sometimes: Courage.
Make sure to check below for your special link to access a downloadable guide that will help you through the techniques I share in this article.
Courage is truly the difference between success and feeling very satisfied in your life, and not feeling satisfied but also living a life of regret - that's a very big difference!
When you step back to look at the two options, I want you to understand what you choose. We all need courage but many of us are not able to access it on a regular basis.
The courage I'm talking about isn't about jumping out of an airplane but sometimes just simply starting a conversation can feel just as scary as skydiving.
We've all been there, and the difference between the successful people who feel so confident and satisfied is that they feel that fear, and they do it anyway.
They do it anyway.
I'm going to break it down for you.
This article (and PODCAST) will help you if you're playing it safe. Do you want to do more with your life or your career, but you're not sure how? Does it feel like you sometimes have an idea that seems great in the moment but quickly becomes an afterthought?
It's as if the spark of an idea isn't fanned with courage, and it becomes very easy to feel convinced it really wouldn't be good. It gets brushed aside with a lot of other little great ideas you've had. Does that sound familiar?
When we have little hits of inspiration, there's a process that happens. This process happens for everyone.
The Process of Change for Human Beings
It can be big or small scale. What happens is we have a great, inspired thought. We feel excited, a little relieved maybe because it's a solution to something we're not feeling complete about. That's why we get this feeling, the idea or inspiring thought.
It's a particular stream of thinking and it has a positive energy to it.
Within moments, literally that's all it takes, without acting on the inspiration, we can quickly lose our motivation and the courage required to take action.
Here's what I suggest....
Micro-actions are a big part of what makes the BITMOR Method so effective.
Carry a small notebook around. Write down the thought, and that's it. Just put the thought on paper.
I'll give you four more Micro-Actions to take as you build your courage and get more clarity on what will create a fail-proof plan for you. Plus, I've created a free downloadable workbook:
I believe you're reading this because YOU'RE READY to create an extraordinary life.
BUT....You've been playing it safe. For too long.
You're probably pretty successful in certain areas of your life and you don't want to give up the security you have. I get it. I was there. What I know for sure is that the universe will make things change for you if you don't begin to do it for yourself.
You have choices.
You can take small consistent action that requires some courage, or ignore your ideas and the gentle nudging for change and you may find yourself faced with a lot less options.
This isn't to scare you. This is to remind you we have intuition and inspirations for a reason. They are our friend. When we pay attention to them, they become more clear and we get more needed information. Either way, things are always transforming.
When we ignore that still small voice, it can get a little louder. It can get more persistent. It can bang on your door and it has the power to knock your house down.
But when we choose to listen and take some actions and honor that voice, our path gets more clear. Our still small voice becomes comforting. We meet people and find ourselves in situations we could have only dreamed of.
So what are the micro-actions you can take to gain more clarity and live with courage to stop playing it safe?
As I mentioned:
1. Get a small notebook and carry it with you, writing down all inspired thoughts, big, small, sensible and totally unreasonable. Write them all down.
2. Get more conscious about inspired thinking. Take a few moments each day to ask your invisible team, your God, the universe, higher self, your spiritual team. Ask what you can do today to create an extraordinary life. Ask for inspiration in a way that feels right to you. You can simply specify your goal and desire and see what comes. The goal of this particular micro-action is to ASK.
You may get an answer right away. Write it down. You may feel a hit of inspiration a little later. Write that down. Stay in the flow. Writing these thoughts down IS taking action. Trust the process.
3. Now, you know I don't want you to only have a notebook with amazing inspirations that you carry around and do nothing with! Still in the principle of simplicity, choose one. Just one. And take that action. Take one action today and take one action tomorrow. Stay in the moment and for now, simply take ONE Micro-Action a day.
4. This tip helps if you're feeling scared or starting to convince yourself it's not a good action. This happens a lot and like I said already, it literally only takes moments for a good idea to be tossed aside. Find your strength. Get a mentor, a coach, an accountability partner. Find a friend who lifts you up and might be willing to be your cheerleader. Be your own cheerleader. Read stories of people who have the strength and courage you'd like to have more of.
There are inspirational stories everywhere. Find somebody that resonates with you. Find more than one person. Read about their experience. If they are alive, contact them. Ask them how they have courage. Surrounding ourselves with people who are doing what we desire to be doing gets us there so much faster.
Embody the feeling state of what your future self is capable of. Use Nike's slogan: Just do it. Whatever is required for you to step out of your comfort zone.
5. Share your success. Share it with your cheerleader, your mentor, your coach. Please share it in the comments of this post.
Let us know below, what are you getting most out of these micro-actions?
They're all equally important and some might be easier than others. When you share your experience and your strength, you inspire others. You're a powerful beautiful human being.
Spa Industry Expert, Motivational Speaker & Host of "Beautiful You" Podcast. On a mission to help Spa-preneurs tap into their extraordinary potential.